Archive

Monday, May 16, 2011

Sloth screenprint!!


I'm going to Costa Rica soon! I'm going to Costa Rica now, actually. (Blogging from the airport cause there ain't much to doodoo) So in the spirit of my upcoming/present adventure to the Aviarios Sloth Sanctuary of Costa Rica, I decided to print a sloth to take with me on my trip! I'll be volunteering at the Sanctuary for 4 weeks, so don't expect much more posts after this. I'll have my hands filled...with slothhhss!

The design was a bit spontaneous, in that the femur I decided to include in the image wasn't so much thought out and more so just a visual solution to not wanting to draw a tree. Why not a bone?! It was probably inspired by all the bones I have behind my bed. Any-who, I later came to a symbolic conclusion about my subconsciously conceptual inclusion of the femur!

The femur is often a representation of strength and support, and I feel the connection between the sloth and femur is representative of my relationship with the sloth, as well as my future interaction with the sloth. As much as they are a support for myself, I hope to be a support for them. They've sort of become my "power animal" in the sense that I find myself and my work relating to various attributions of the sloth. The best way to describe this image, is for me to imagine that if I was to be a member of a gang, the gang would be called The Tough Sloths, and this image would be on our flag. Watch out, I'm a tough sloth!


(I'll have more images of the prints later! Sorry, underwhelming post)

No comments:

Post a Comment