Archive

Monday, March 28, 2011

Altered Book; Crystals!

For my sketchbook class we were assigned to alter a book, and then use our resulted project to expand upon the content of our alterations into a new project of our own likings.

The book I chose to alter was an old children's picture book about a monkey named Pete. Honestly, I totally ignored the content of the book, and more so focused on the structure of the book. I looked at the book as a landscape of fractals, relating to the crystal forms I've become interested in, and used each plane (a two page spread) to paste images of crystals, creatures, and other geometric forms relating to my research in crystals.


The resulting series of images inspired the next project I'll be posting, which takes the information I


experimented with visually in my altered book and refines it to a more user friendly structure.

Here are a few of the pages that I thought were most successful,









~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment